Yearly, board nerds from throughout the Pacific Northwest crowd the frigid shores and snowy peaks of Vancouver Island in pursuit of one of the sought-after experiences in board using: the WestCoast Triple Plank—a mad sprint to skate, snowboard, and surf in the identical day. The holy trifecta could also be bucket-list merchandise for many, however West Coast Triple Plank Fundraiser has formed it right into a yearly occasion.
Likeminded boarders, by the van load, historically compete in a pleasant surf contest at Cox’s Bay, a skate jam in downtown Tofino, off Canada’s West Coast,
and a banked slalom snowboard race at Mount Washington, OR, over the course of an eventful weekend. General winners are topped, pals are made, camp fires are had, and all proceeds go towards the Central WestCoast Forest Society (CWFS).
Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it?
Because of the present pandemic challenges and restrictions, the West Coast Triple Plank is transitioning towards a digital skate-snow-surf video contest as a substitute technique to increase funds and consciousness for the CWFS and promote the fun of the triple plank.
“We wished to create a technique to hold folks stoked, whereas doing the stuff that they love,” says Marie-France Roy, co-founder of the occasion. “Even within the state of a world pandemic, we are able to’t overlook the significance of defending our playgrounds and conserving our communities engaged.”
What some seek advice from as “the most effective weekend ever” might be deeply missed. However a revamped format means new alternative. Now, boarders all over the world are inspired to push their boundaries, test off bucket-list objectives, and win nice prizes, all whereas supporting trigger and being protected.
“It’s all about fundraising with good folks, for trigger, whereas doing what we love,” Roy provides.
If you happen to’re interested by studying extra, please see the official format tips beneath.
Enter the Digital WestCoast Triple Plank Contest
- All ability ranges welcome! We encourage creativity and participation over efficiency.
- Video Size: All Video edits have to be below 2 minutes most.
- High quality: No skilled cinematography or media required, fundamental iPhone, GoPro, handycam footage all welcome.
- Classes: Males’s and Ladies’s, Professional, Beginner, Youth (18 and below). Snow, Skate, and Surf might be entered individually or Trifecta (all three: snow, skate and surf.) Contributors may also enter just one or two classes out of three.
- Prizes: Prizes from our beneficiant companions might be awarded to every class winners. There might be a number of additional awards equivalent to Most Artistic, Finest theme, Finest Humor, Finest Type, Finest Bails, Most Unique, Finest Props, and so on…Get inventive and make it enjoyable! No guidelines!
- Price of Entry & Registration: $20 minimal donation on to CWFS. Please register right here.
- Contest period: Please be sure that all footage is captured between December 1 2020 and July 1 2021.
- Vary: Worldwide! This on-line format permits folks from all around the globe to enter.
- Submissions: Edits to be submitted on-line earlier than July 1st 2021, importing particulars TBD.
For entry to unique gear movies, movie star interviews, and extra, subscribe on YouTube!