Angie Jakusz, that contended on the 10th period of ‘Survivor’, unfortunately shed her fight to cancer cells on Jan. 8. She was originally detected in 2017.
Survivor: Palau celebrity Angie Jakusz has actually regretfully passed away after a fight with cancer cells at simply 40-years-old. The awful information was verified by means of an obituary released by her family members by means of Louisiana information website Nola.com, keeping in mind that she passed away on Friday, January 8, 2021. “Angie was an unbelievably enthusiastic individual with an amazing desire permanently,” the obituary read. “Whether she was stitching, paint, attracting, doing nail art or make-up, costuming, analysis, snorkeling, diving, taking a trip or simply increasing heck, she did it carefully and also with laser accuracy,” her family members additionally included. Discover more regarding the gone-too-soon fact celebrity right here.
1. She contended on Survivor. Angie was simply 25-years-old when she contended on the extreme fact program in 2005, and also was a target for her several tattoos (she had 11 at the time). Although she came to be rather of an obstacle super star, Angie was elected off in 13th location according to a Survivor follower website.
2. She was wed. Angie was wed to her partner Steven Calandra of 9 years at the time of her fatality. “Angie is an incredible, innovative, brave and also all around poor butt lady,” Steven composed on a GoFundMe web page after her cancer cells medical diagnosis.
3. She was increased in Wisconsin. Angie was birthed Cassandra Anne Jakusz on March 27, 1980 to Linda and also Wayne Jakusz. She has a sibling, Jon Jakusz. Although she cleared up as a grown-up in New Orleans, Angie was birthed and also increased in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Jakusz. After participating in and also finishing from Mukwonago Senior high school, she additionally stayed in both New york city City and also San Francisco according to her iMDB account.
4. She fought cancer cells. Angie was detected with an unusual kind of squamous cell intestines cancer cells in Nov. 2017. With installing clinical expenses upwards of $30,000 bucks, she and also her partner Steven looked for to assist elevate funds by means of a GoFundMe project. “With a consolidated therapy of radiation treatment and also radiation, this kind of cancer cells has a 80% success price amongst individuals,” Steven composed in 2017.
“It took 3 months to identify Angie’s ailment. Throughout that time she lacked insurance coverage. With all the examinations, scans, times off job, and also medicine her clinical costs accumulated rapidly. We are wanting to elevate $30,000 to cover these prices. Every one of the cash increased will certainly go straight in the direction of the expenses Angie sustained throughout her medical diagnosis,” he discussed.
Previous Survivor cast participant Coby Archa additionally reveled participants from her period assisted. “We had actually learnt through her family members 3 years ago that she was fighting cancer cells,” Coby informed Individuals. “We increased some cash for her therapies. She wasn’t right into the popularity, simply the experience of Survivor. She came, she played, and also she returned to her life in New Orleans. She liked her life by doing this.” Angie is the 2nd participant from her period to pass away of cancer cells: Jennifer Lyon shed her fight to bust cancer cells in 2010 at simply 37-years-old.
5. She was a dining establishment supervisor. Before her medical diagnosis, Angie was the supervisor of New Orleans dining establishment Saint Lawrence in the French quarter. The previous bartender additionally formerly operated at a tattoo store and also as an ink laboratory professional. “She’s a painter, developer, seamstress and also baker,” her partner composed on a 2017 GoFundMe web page. “She’ll make you a custom-made bodice, outfit or cake! Angie was additionally an establishing participant of the New Orleans Noisician Union!” Steven additionally composed.