Silento has actually been charged and also apprehended for the claimed murder of his relative, Frederick Rooks. Find out more regarding the apprehension and also the rap artist himself, best recognized for his hit ‘See Me (Whip/Nae Nae’).
Silento, the 23-year-old rap artist that ended up being an adolescent feeling with “See Me (Whip/Nae Nae),” has actually been billed for the claimed murder of his 34-year-old relative, Frederick Rooks. The DeKalb Region Authorities Division of Georgia verified the information after taking Silento (whose lawful name is Richard Lamar “Ricky” Hawk) right into safekeeping on Feb. 1. Silento’s relative had actually passed away 11 days prior, according to the police headquarters.
Today, Ricky Hawk, 23, was apprehended for the murder of his relative Frederick Rooks, 34. On January 21, the DeKalb Region Authorities Division checked out Rooks’ fatality after he was discovered shot on Deep Shoals Circle. Hawk remains in the DeKalb Region Prison billed with Murder. #WeAreDKPD pic.twitter.com/AfaA8CtXgx
— DeKalb Region Authorities Division (@DeKalbCountyPD) February 1, 2021
“Today, Ricky Hawk, 23, was apprehended for the murder of his relative Frederick Rooks, 34,” the police headquarters tweeted on Feb. 1, including, “On January 21, the DeKalb Region Authorities Division checked out Rooks’ fatality after he was discovered shot on Deep Shoals Circle. Hawk remains in the DeKalb Region Prison billed with Murder.”
The DeKalb Region Authorities Division offered much more information regarding the apprehension and also Silento’s relative’s fatality in a declaration to HollywoodLife: “Today, Ricky Hawk, 23, was apprehended for the murder of Frederick Rooks, 34. On January 21, at around 3:30 a.m., the DeKalb Region Authorities Division checked out a capturing after Rooks was discovered in the road on Deep Shoals Circle, struggling with several gunfire injuries. He was noticable deceased on the scene. The suspect at the time was unidentified. Nevertheless, after an extensive examination, DKPD investigatives recognized Hawk as Rooks’ relative, and also the individual in charge of Rooks’ murder. Private investigators are still functioning to discover the objective for the capturing.”
Silento has actually additionally not launched a main declaration in feedback to the murder claims, and also HollywoodLife has actually connected to the rap artist for remark. Currently, discover more regarding Silento’s profession and also his previous apprehensions from the loss of 2020:
1. Silento climbed to popularity at simply 16 years of ages with his launching solitary, “See Me (Whip/Nae Nae).” The rap artist, after that simply a senior high school trainee, launched his greatest tune on SoundCloud in 2015 (he serviced the tune with beatsmith Bolo Da Manufacturer). “Within the initial day it mosted likely to 1,000 pays attention. The following day it went to 4,000,” Silento created on his site, therefore he chose to go down the video for the tune on his 17th birthday celebration in Jan. 2015. The video clip currently has greater than 1.7 billion sights, and also the tune itself came to a head at the No. 3 placement on Signboard’s “Warm 100” graph.
2. In spite of authorizing with a huge tag, Silento chose to end up the remainder of his senior high school experience. The success of “See Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” tattooed a take care of Capitol Records, yet he didn’t go the homeschooling course later on. “I didn’t reach experience a great deal of things brand-new musicians reach experience when they’re initial authorized. Particular occasions, efficiencies. I was still in institution functioning to obtain my diploma,” Silento additionally created on his site.
3. You’ve possibly listened to Silento on this various other hit tune, as well. After beginning his songs profession with “See Me (Whip/Nae Nae),” Silento serviced cooperations with various other musicians. Among his most remarkable collabs was “Treat” with Dawin. The initial tune decreased in March of 2015, yet Silento came on-board for the video that was launched in Oct. 2019, which is currently nearing 200 million sights on YouTube.
4. He adhered to up the success of his launching solitary with his initial cd, Fresh Outta Secondary School. Silento dropped his launching cd in Sept. 2018.
The rap artist additionally utilized his newly found popularity to go to kids’s health centers and also also obtained “an honor from the mayor of Augusta, Georgia for his philanthropic job within Atlanta,” where he is from, according to Silento’s site. In 2019, he partnered with DoSomething.org’s “The Struck We’ll Take” war vapor cigarettes, vapes and also Juuling.
5. Silento was apprehended on 3 different events in 2020. He was apprehended two times within the period of 2 days in Aug. 2020. Among the apprehensions was for apparently “harmful 2 unfamiliar people with a hatchet last weekend break” on Aug. 29, which the Los Angeles Region Area Lawyer’s Workplace revealed in a news release acquired by HollywoodLife. The rap artist had actually dealt with “2 felony matters of attack with a fatal tool with claims of utilizing a hatchet as a fatal and also harmful tool,” the record included.
Silento supposedly “got in the unfamiliar people’ house while looking for his partner,” and also “the house owners and also their kids were residence at the time and also were drunk by the breach yet unhurt,” which the LAPD informed ABC 7. This occurred after Silento was apprehended and also uploaded bond simply a day prior in Santa Ana (where he lives) on Aug. 28, according to on the internet documents from the Orange Region Constable’s Division. He was scheduled “after a record of a residential disruption” according to authorities, per ABC 7. HollywoodLife had actually connected to Silento’s associate for remark at the time.
Silento after that supposedly missed his court hearing in Sept. 2020 and also a bench warrant of $105,000 was released for his apprehension, XXL publication reported. After that, in October, Silento was apprehended after supposedly “driving over 140 Miles Per Hour in Atlanta”; he was launched on his “very own recognizance” on the very same day of the apprehension, the electrical outlet reported.